First Baptist Church of Dunnellon has a number of opportunities for men to get involved in ministry and grow in spiritual development – as well as enjoy fellowship. Our men’s ministries include a monthly steak dinner, many life groups like the Barnabus Bible studies and 33 The Series study, a widower’s group, and an annual fall retreat.
- The men’s Thursday night steak dinner is held in the church Fellowship Hall on the first Thursday of the month. We serve over 100 men for dinner! Be sure to sign up on the sheet is in the office hallway. There’s no charge, and you are welcome to bring a friend. Delish! (The schedule follows the school calendar.)
- FBC has many life groups that meet weekly in homes on various evenings or at the church on Sunday nights. The men’s Barnabus Bible studies allow men to share their lives together through a 52-week study on such books as the James Code or Jesus Code (by O.S. Hawkins).
- 33 The Series is a multi-volume video series that gives men a vision for manhood as modeled by Jesus in His 33 years on earth. We meet on campus on Sunday nights at 5:00 PM. We are a group of men who are in search of authentic manhood. Rejecting what we have learned from the media, Hollywood, and other sources; we have come to believe that Jesus the Messiah is the true model for authentic manhood. The dates of the classes are listed in the weekly bulletin and the events calendar.
- The men’s annual fall retreat is at the Withlacoochee River Bluegrass Festival grounds. We have skeet shooting, camp fires, lots of food, and a special speaker to challenge us in our Christian lives.
- The Widower’s Group meets on the third Thursday of every month. Meetings and breakfast begin at 8:45 AM.
Men’s & Women’s Ministry
We have a motorcycle group – Grace in the Wind – that meets the second Saturday of the month. We ride to an mystery lunch location. You can join us with your convertible, too. Meet at the church parking lot at 9:30 AM to leave by 10:00 AM.